He's Not the Fringe

There's something so peaceful about the small, soft sounds of our everyday lives. The whir of a fan on a muggy August afternoon, the hum of the dryer in the late evening, or the gentle whisper of a soft breeze while strolling across the lawn. Most of the time these sounds are so common that we don't even notice them. They blend in and fade past our thoughts. They disappear and are left on the outskirts of our daily lives. We know they're there, but we don't really pay attention to them.

It's kind of what can happen with our walk with God. We know he's there, we're aware of his presence, but sometimes it can just fade away into the outskirts of our lives and we disregard it. We disregard it because we're too caught up in everything else-the distractions. But you see, God doesn't want to live on the fringe of our lives. He wants to be up close and personal, with us each step of the way. To be recognized in the stillness and in the noise.

That's something I've been trying to remind myself of lately. Mostly because I'm a mom and my day is consumed with taking care of my daughter, but also because when it comes down to it, I'm just like everyone else- in need of the reminder that God is always here. I need it in the moments when I'm angry at my mom and I want to lash out at her. When I really don't want to change a diaper again. When I just put the baby down for the night, only for her to wake up a half an hour later when I'm trying to get things done. When I'm holding my dinner plate in the air so my chid won't grab it. These are the times I truly need to slow down and be reminded of putting The Father in the middle instead of on the fringe of my life. Because it helps me slow down, breathe deep, and know that he is there, he is present, and he's faithful. He's with me through the good and bad, and makes the worst better. He never left, he's never leaving, and I don't have to act like he is. I don't have to place him on the outskirts of my life when all along, he was never meant to be there, he was meant to be in the center of it all.

So wherever you are today, whether it's cruising through life or fighting a really tough battle, I want you to know that The Father wants to join you on the ride. He's not meant to be the frays of your clothing, but instead the center of the season of your life. He's joining you, lifting you up, and carrying you across the beach or holding you up when you're trying to walk on the waters.




Comments

Popular Posts