Life Updates/Living in the Moment

Today marks a lot of firsts: the first time Finley pulled herself up on various things to stand, Finley's first taste of food (carrots), and my first night (successfully) sleep training. The latter I have to say was a lot quicker than I expected (20 minutes!!!) and I do confess that I did feel guilty in the first 5 fives of crying while I ate a chocolate chip cookie in my comfy recliner. I also felt guilty the last 15 minutes, but I DID IT.

I've tried my best to document Finley's entire life and I can't believe that she's already half way to a year. And truth be told, I never capture any moments on camera when we're out because 1. we're on a mission to grocery shop like the speed of light or 2. we're hiding from the germs at the doctor's office/ hands of random strangers who reach for my baby and I secretly want to slap them/yell at them/ I don't have the guts to do either so I cringe and tell them to stop in my mind. I also secretly wish that I had my own personal photographer to follow me around and get some cool shots of my girl. But you know what? It's a lot better to live in the moment and take a ton of bad quality photos and laugh when the baby cringes while trying carrot baby food for the first time and looks like she just sucked a lemon (which I want to do just to see that hilarious face).

Also, complete tangent but NYFW is happening right now and I'm sketching up a storm of my favorite pieces and they will be on the blog super soon. I'm already almost done with two, so keep your eyes peeled.

Andddd we're moving! We found a house and God is just really good and he always shows up, can I get an amen? We can finally make sandwiches on counters instead of balancing everything on a stove and can finally eat at a table again.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and treasure those moments, whether they're first glimpses of what the future holds or mundane things in life that you get used to. Be present, and remember that just because it wasn't instagrammed doesn't mean it didn't happen. Live in the moment. Because honestly, at the end of our lives, who's really going to be wishing they spent more time on Instagram?


Comments

Popular Posts