Giving Someone a Chance

Today, as Finn and I were taking a walk, our neighbor slowed his car to a stop and said to me, “I just wanted to say thank you.” I looked at him, confused and said, “why?” He responded, “I wanted to thank you for giving this little person a chance at life. I’m completely against abortion, I think it’s murder and I just wanted to thank you for choosing to have her. It makes me so happy that you gave her a chance.” 
“Me too,” I smiled, choking back tears as he drove away. I then walked away sobbing, pushing Finley in her stroller down the street, crying happy tears. 

Guys, people matter. Your choices matter. I don’t even know that neighbor very well and his words meant so much to me. Words mean something. They spoke to me and reminded me that I did the right thing. I gave my daughter a chance, which in turn gave me a chance to look at life a lot diferently. To be less selfish and more giving. Less angry and more content. Less lost and more found. Which made me think that everyone deserves a chance at life. So if you feel led to tell someone something that can lift them up, do it. Because you have no idea what they’re going through or what they’ve been through. You can be the person who lets them see the good, true and beautiful life that they have been given. You can change a life. 

Comments

Popular Posts